At BRPS, we recognize that school-home partnership is critical in our mission to nurture every child holistically. We value parental involvement and strongly believe that establishing a close partnership will help the child succeed.
Stated below are the guidelines to ensure communication between parents and the school is effective and helpful in supporting the child.
BRPS Guiding Principles
- We aim to partner and collaborate with parents to nurture good habits and virtues as well as a growth mindset in our students.
- We aim to balance our teachers’ workload in partnering parents with our core professional duties in teaching and learning.
Guidelines on Parents’ Communication with the School
1) School’s official modes of communication with parents are:
- School phone: 62717387 (General Office)
- School email: email@example.com
- School mailing address: 91 Telok Blangah Heights, Singapore 109100
- Staff official school email addresses: firstname.lastname@example.org
- School website: www.blangahrisepri.moe.sg
- Students’ Handbook issued yearly to each student
- Parents should limit communication with teachers to term time and school hours: phone calls or meetings with teachers should be within school hours (7.30am-5pm) on working weekdays during term time (ie Week 1 – Week 10).
3) For urgent messages to teachers, parents may contact the school General Office, if teachers are in class or uncontactable during school hours.
4) Teachers are not expected to respond to parents’ and students’ queries after school hours, during weekends and school holidays.
5) Teachers are not expected to provide their personal mobile numbers to parents or students. Teachers are also not required to communicate via social media.
6) Face-to-face meetings with teachers should be arranged in advance: parents are to email the teachers or contact the General Office at least 3 days in advance, to minimise disruption to the teachers’ teaching duties.
7) In line with Civil Service practice, parents may expect to receive a response to their email queries within a reasonable period of time, so that our staff have sufficient time to ensure that the queries are addressed well:
- 3 working days (Simple query)
- 7 working days (Query that needs some investigation)
- 21 working days (Complex query)
8) The school reserves the right not to engage with any parent who is disrespectful, rude or abusive to our staff.
We thank you for your support and look forward to an enriching partnership which will help enhance your child’s learning and growth in the school and build a positive and effective relationship between the school and parents.